Wednesday 12 December 2012

Blogging Your Way Part Two: Out & About in Hannover

In my last post I wrote about the amazing weekend I have just spent with Holly Becker of Decor8 at her home studio in Hannover, along with Steffi Luxat of the blog Ohhh Mhhh and 16 talented bloggers for the Blogging Your Way Studio. I am so excited to share with you part two of this inspiring adventure, which has left me charged, inspired and energized! On day one, we hit the streets of down-town Hannover for an afternoon of shopping, shooting and soaking up the frosty surroundings. Apart from the frosty side of things, this was my idea of a good time!

First stop was a beautiful homewares shop called Coming Home. This tiny little treasure trove had a wonderful collection of goodies, from vintage trinkets to original Christmas decorations, fabulous lighting and so much more. It was a feast for the senses. I was so busy shooting, I forgot that shopping was also on the agenda! 

Weaving in and out of the shops was a treat, but out on the streets there was gorgeous surroundings to soak up, and I was stopping every five minutes to capture something lovely. My poor partner in crime, the sunny Inga from the blog Glomery Lane who accompanied me on this adventure. Even in freezing temperatures she happily allowed me to indulge in the gorgeous sights! 

Along the way, we popped into a florist, which was a great opportunity to bring together two of my great loves, flowers and photography. Inga, who writes about all things botanical, was in heaven, as was I and we happily snapped away. Don't you just adore this delicate wreath? 

I hope you had as much fun as I did exploring the shops and sights of Hannover! Be back here tomorrow for more studio time with Holly and Steffi, and all the amazing blogger ladies!

Love, Holly

* All images are by Holly Marder

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful images Holly. I know what you mean about forgetting to shop :) Missing all already x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't live in Hannover or will return to there any time soon I took a shopping guide with me. So I can look at the pictures and remember all the lovely shops we went to...and where a small *ehem* group of 17 ladies almost drove the shop owners crazy by taking hundreds of pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos Holly. You captured things I missed and you really have an eye for small details. If I had seen those wooden serving planks I had surely bought one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your lovely comments! I was having a blast out there with the camera. It's definitely inspired me to get inspired by my surroundings more often. Louise, I wish I had bought one of those cheese boards now... damn!! Holly xoxo

    ReplyDelete